Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon October 8, 2012
Dr. Dunn Speaks at Open Forum During Interview for Missouri State Presidency
Murray State University President Dr. Randy Dunn is making a case to be hired in the same post at Missouri State University in Springfield this week. Dunn is a finalist for the post and spoke at an open forum today. Among other topics, Dunn presented his approach to outreach for the university which was formerly called Southwest Missouri State University. He says,
“Two directions for the future as this university’s moves from the SMS history to embracing the Missouri State statewide mission is this notion that we have to be somewhat Springfield-centric and reach out to the state at large.”
Dunn concludes his campus visit on Wednesday when he returns to deliver his state of the university address to Murray State. Dunn is up against the current interim president at Missouri State and the university’s former general counsel Clifton Smart. The Missouri State Board of Governors will make a formal hiring announcement in early November.