Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Wed May 15, 2013
Domestic Kitchen Certification Course Offered In TN
People who want to sell food products in Tennessee made in home kitchens can become certified on May 20. The University of Tennessee Institute of Agriculture and UT Extension have a day-long course at the Ellington Agricultural Center in Nashville. It costs $100 and requires pre-registration. For information, phone (865) 974-7717. Certification covers such food as baked goods, jams and jellies and candies. People who cater birthday and wedding cakes are not required to take the course.
Foods not covered by the certification include meat products, relishes or chow-chow, salsa and dairy products. Individuals with an inside pet of any kind will not qualify as a food manufacturer under the Domestic Kitchen Rule.