Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri February 20, 2009
Dogwood Trail Down
By Angela Hatton
Paducah, KY – Paducah tourism officials have decided to not open the city's Dogwood Trail this year. The event has been an April tourist attraction for over forty years. Paducah Convention and Visitor's Bureau Marketing Director RoseMarie Steele says debris and hanging limbs from the January ice storm could be a safety hazard to the dozens of tour buses that typically come through the region. City Beautification Board Chair Flora Smith says the board plans to purchase new dogwood trees to replace those which might have died during the storm. The board is also working with local greenhouses to promote discounts for homeowners who want to replace dogwoods on their property. Officials hope the trail closure won't hurt tourism too badly. They plan to establish a temporary "city tour" this spring to stand in for the Dogwood Trail.