Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Fri June 22, 2012
DOE to Sponsor Business and Government Workshop
The U. S. Department of Energy is looking for companies and government programs interested in taking over some or all of the operations at the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant.
The local U. S. Department of Energy office in Paducah sponsors a two-day workshop for businesses and government entities next month in Paducah. The workshop will gage interest in plant facilities, land and personal property. The United States Enrichment Corporation right now leases the plant from DOE. USEC’s future plans for the plant are unclear. A one-year contract extension in mid-May prevented a plant shutdown and preserved close to 1,200 jobs.