Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Fri June 22, 2012
DOE to Sponsor Business and Government Workshop
The U. S. Department of Energy is looking for companies and government programs interested in taking over some or all of the operations at the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant.
The local U. S. Department of Energy office in Paducah sponsors a two-day workshop for businesses and government entities next month in Paducah. The workshop will gage interest in plant facilities, land and personal property. The United States Enrichment Corporation right now leases the plant from DOE. USEC’s future plans for the plant are unclear. A one-year contract extension in mid-May prevented a plant shutdown and preserved close to 1,200 jobs.