Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Murray State’s Next President Says University Discussing Short, Long Term Roles with Mid-Continent
Mon November 4, 2013
DOE Expected to Announce Plans for Paducah Site by Thanksgiving
The Department of Energy is expected to make a decision on the Request for Offers for potential reuse of the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant by Thanksgiving.
This date was announced in September after a community meeting with Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz in Washington.
The DOE published the RFO in July, after USEC announced it would be ceasing operations at the plant.
No announcements for site decontamination have been made, for which local leaders are requesting 370 million dollars annually from the federal government.
Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant