Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Mon November 4, 2013
DOE Expected to Announce Plans for Paducah Site by Thanksgiving
The Department of Energy is expected to make a decision on the Request for Offers for potential reuse of the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant by Thanksgiving.
This date was announced in September after a community meeting with Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz in Washington.
The DOE published the RFO in July, after USEC announced it would be ceasing operations at the plant.
No announcements for site decontamination have been made, for which local leaders are requesting 370 million dollars annually from the federal government.
Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant