Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon November 4, 2013
DOE Expected to Announce Plans for Paducah Site by Thanksgiving
The Department of Energy is expected to make a decision on the Request for Offers for potential reuse of the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant by Thanksgiving.
This date was announced in September after a community meeting with Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz in Washington.
The DOE published the RFO in July, after USEC announced it would be ceasing operations at the plant.
No announcements for site decontamination have been made, for which local leaders are requesting 370 million dollars annually from the federal government.
Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant