Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Mon November 4, 2013
DOE Expected to Announce Plans for Paducah Site by Thanksgiving
The Department of Energy is expected to make a decision on the Request for Offers for potential reuse of the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant by Thanksgiving.
This date was announced in September after a community meeting with Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz in Washington.
The DOE published the RFO in July, after USEC announced it would be ceasing operations at the plant.
No announcements for site decontamination have been made, for which local leaders are requesting 370 million dollars annually from the federal government.
Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant