Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Wed February 18, 2009
District 1 Debris Removal
By Angela Hatton
Grand Rivers, KY – Contractors will begin ice storm debris removal today along the roadways in Kentucky's twelve westernmost counties. Crews are beginning work near Grand Rivers in Livingston County. They plan to expand cleanup from that point. Contractors will only pick up fallen trees and limbs along roadways. The process does not include individual homes. Motorists should expect some lane closures and traffic stoppages along highways in the coming weeks. Some communities and counties may choose to implement their own debris removal services.