Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Mon July 22, 2013
Dine With Hummingbirds At Land Between the Lakes
Land Between the Lakes is offering bird fanciers the opportunity to dine with the hummingbirds. On Aug. 2, the Woodlands Nature Center at LBL has a meal in the backyard as the hummingbird migration begins. The meal is $20 per person and requires full deposit and preregistration.
Nature Station Interpreter Carrie Szwed said it isn't unusual for 200 or so hummingbirds to visit the center's feeders in a single day during migration to Mexico and Central America. On Aug. 3 and 4, the annual hummingbird festival at the nature center offers hummingbird banding demonstrations, a wildlife sketching workshop, a native plant sale, live animal encounters and local wildlife experts to talk with. There will also be children's activities. For more information or reservations, contact (270) 924-2020.