Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon July 22, 2013
Dine With Hummingbirds At Land Between the Lakes
Land Between the Lakes is offering bird fanciers the opportunity to dine with the hummingbirds. On Aug. 2, the Woodlands Nature Center at LBL has a meal in the backyard as the hummingbird migration begins. The meal is $20 per person and requires full deposit and preregistration.
Nature Station Interpreter Carrie Szwed said it isn't unusual for 200 or so hummingbirds to visit the center's feeders in a single day during migration to Mexico and Central America. On Aug. 3 and 4, the annual hummingbird festival at the nature center offers hummingbird banding demonstrations, a wildlife sketching workshop, a native plant sale, live animal encounters and local wildlife experts to talk with. There will also be children's activities. For more information or reservations, contact (270) 924-2020.