Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue December 18, 2012
Dick's Sporting Goods Suspending Modern Rifle Sales
Dick’s Sporting Goods Chain is suspending sales of modern rifles nationwide because of the school shooting in Connecticut. The company also says it's removing all guns from display at its store closest to Newtown, where the massacre took place. A statement posted on Dick's corporate website expresses sympathy for the Sandy Hook Elementary victims' families.
It says sales of modern sporting rifles will be suspended during "this time of national mourning." It's not clear how long the suspension will last. A spokesman for Dick's did not immediately return a call for comment on Tuesday. The Pittsburgh-based corporation has more than 500 stores in 44 states, including at least seven in Kentucky.