Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Tue December 18, 2012
Dick's Sporting Goods Suspending Modern Rifle Sales
Dick’s Sporting Goods Chain is suspending sales of modern rifles nationwide because of the school shooting in Connecticut. The company also says it's removing all guns from display at its store closest to Newtown, where the massacre took place. A statement posted on Dick's corporate website expresses sympathy for the Sandy Hook Elementary victims' families.
It says sales of modern sporting rifles will be suspended during "this time of national mourning." It's not clear how long the suspension will last. A spokesman for Dick's did not immediately return a call for comment on Tuesday. The Pittsburgh-based corporation has more than 500 stores in 44 states, including at least seven in Kentucky.