Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Tue December 18, 2012
Dick's Sporting Goods Suspending Modern Rifle Sales
Dick’s Sporting Goods Chain is suspending sales of modern rifles nationwide because of the school shooting in Connecticut. The company also says it's removing all guns from display at its store closest to Newtown, where the massacre took place. A statement posted on Dick's corporate website expresses sympathy for the Sandy Hook Elementary victims' families.
It says sales of modern sporting rifles will be suspended during "this time of national mourning." It's not clear how long the suspension will last. A spokesman for Dick's did not immediately return a call for comment on Tuesday. The Pittsburgh-based corporation has more than 500 stores in 44 states, including at least seven in Kentucky.