Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed November 6, 2013
Dept. Of Corrections Using Mobile App For Offenders
There's a mobile app that notifies crime victims about changes in the status of criminal offenders in Kentucky. The free app is called "VINEMobile."
The state Department of Corrections says it allows people to use smartphones or tablets to register and be notified of changes in an offender's custody status, such as a release, parole eligibility or escape.
The app allows the user to register with an email address or phone number to receive notifications.
It includes all county jails across the state, state prisons and inmates housed at halfway houses.
The app is available for both Android and Apple devices.