Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed November 6, 2013
Dept. Of Corrections Using Mobile App For Offenders
There's a mobile app that notifies crime victims about changes in the status of criminal offenders in Kentucky. The free app is called "VINEMobile."
The state Department of Corrections says it allows people to use smartphones or tablets to register and be notified of changes in an offender's custody status, such as a release, parole eligibility or escape.
The app allows the user to register with an email address or phone number to receive notifications.
It includes all county jails across the state, state prisons and inmates housed at halfway houses.
The app is available for both Android and Apple devices.