Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Wed November 6, 2013
Dept. Of Corrections Using Mobile App For Offenders
There's a mobile app that notifies crime victims about changes in the status of criminal offenders in Kentucky. The free app is called "VINEMobile."
The state Department of Corrections says it allows people to use smartphones or tablets to register and be notified of changes in an offender's custody status, such as a release, parole eligibility or escape.
The app allows the user to register with an email address or phone number to receive notifications.
It includes all county jails across the state, state prisons and inmates housed at halfway houses.
The app is available for both Android and Apple devices.