Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed August 8, 2012
Department of Energy Official Outlines Search to Fill Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant
The Department of Energy recently hosted a two day workshop in Paducah to meet with a variety of regional and global company leaders on the prospects of reindustrializing the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion plant. The DOE owns the PGPD and leases it to companies.
Currently, the United States Enrichment Corporation or USEC leases the facility to re-enrich uranium for power plants with the help of 1,200 employees. USEC’s operations are scheduled to end in May 2013.
The DOE’s Paducah-Portsmouth Project Manager Bill Murphie spoke with Chad Lampe about the workshop and the DOE’s next steps to maintain a source of employment for the region. or joining me.