Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Wed August 8, 2012
Department of Energy Official Outlines Search to Fill Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant
The Department of Energy recently hosted a two day workshop in Paducah to meet with a variety of regional and global company leaders on the prospects of reindustrializing the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion plant. The DOE owns the PGPD and leases it to companies.
Currently, the United States Enrichment Corporation or USEC leases the facility to re-enrich uranium for power plants with the help of 1,200 employees. USEC’s operations are scheduled to end in May 2013.
The DOE’s Paducah-Portsmouth Project Manager Bill Murphie spoke with Chad Lampe about the workshop and the DOE’s next steps to maintain a source of employment for the region. or joining me.