Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue November 2, 2010
Democrats Hurt in Midterms
By Charles Compton
Murray, KY – Local Democrats paid the price yesterday for the policies of President Obama and the slow economy. Among the losers was state Attorney General Jack Conway, who lost Kentucky's senate race to Republican Rand Paul. Political scientist Joe Gershtenson says Kentuckians were frustrated.
"The national picture had a lot, it really presented a major challenge for Conway and Paul was able to capitalize on it."
Gershtenson, who teaches at Eastern Kentucky University, says that frustration also power the election's high turnout. Nearly 48% of eligible voters cast ballots in Kentucky's mid-term elections.