Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon April 22, 2013
Delta Regional Authority Makes $1M Available for Grant Applicants
The Delta Regional Authority is sweetening the pot for cross-state applications for federal grants to strengthen training partnerships between community colleges and employers.
Acting U.S. Labor Secretary Seth Harris said Friday that $474.5 million is available nationwide under the third round of the Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College and Career Training grants program.
The Delta Regional Authority is making up to $1 million available for applications from consortiums that cross state lines in its service area - Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri and Tennessee.
Officials want work-based training so students learn the skills employers need. They also want colleges to better track graduates' employment and earnings. Winning applicants will also develop online and technology-based training tools that others can use and modify.