Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Fri May 18, 2012
Delta Mariner to Pass Under Eggner's Ferry Bridge Tonight
The cargo ship The Delta Mariner is expected to pass under the bridge around 6 tonight. This is the first time the ship will pass under the bridge that it mangled since the new span has been in place.
Another challenging aspect of this trip for the Delta Mariner are lake levels which are around two to three fee below summer pool. The last of the steel reinforcements on the new span of the Eggner’s Ferry Bridge are going up today. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet says crews plan to pour concrete Sunday morning and will restrict access to the bridge for safety reasons during this time. Motorists should keep clear for construction vehicles. The best place to watch the work is from Ken Lake State Resort Park.