Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon November 26, 2012
December 21 and 'The Maya Sense of Time'
Are we just under one month away from the end of the world on December 21 as predicted by the Mayan calendar? Well, this is news to modern-day Mayans. Kate Lochte brings us more about “The Maya Sense of Time” with Zach Zorich, who wrote the article of this title for the November/December issue of Archaeology, a publication of the Archaeological Institute of America. First, we hear about time-keeping by the Maya, whose culture spread across what is now southern Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, northern Honduras, and El Salvador.
Zach Zorich is a Senior Editor of the magazine Archaeology, a publication of the Archaeological Institute of America. Zorich’s article, “The Maya Sense of Time,” appears in the magazine’s 2012 November/December issue.