Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Mon November 26, 2012
December 21 and 'The Maya Sense of Time'
Are we just under one month away from the end of the world on December 21 as predicted by the Mayan calendar? Well, this is news to modern-day Mayans. Kate Lochte brings us more about “The Maya Sense of Time” with Zach Zorich, who wrote the article of this title for the November/December issue of Archaeology, a publication of the Archaeological Institute of America. First, we hear about time-keeping by the Maya, whose culture spread across what is now southern Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, northern Honduras, and El Salvador.
Zach Zorich is a Senior Editor of the magazine Archaeology, a publication of the Archaeological Institute of America. Zorich’s article, “The Maya Sense of Time,” appears in the magazine’s 2012 November/December issue.