Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue September 11, 2012
Debate continues on Kentucky's economic climate
The federal stimulus package remains a debated item among policy analysts with varying political perspectives. The subject came up during K-E-T’s Kentucky Tonight Monday. Jason Bailey with the Kentucky Center for Economic Policy says without the recovery act, the nation would still be in full recession. He admits there’s still room for economic growth. “But the reason it’s not growing fast enough,” Bailey says, “is there’s not enough demand. It’s not about business confidence, it’s about consumer demand. And there’s not enough consumer demand because there are l too many Americans that are still unemployed. Wages are still stagnant. People still have the overhang of debt from the mortgage crisis. They’re still dealing with that and they’re not spending.” Jim Waters, President of the Bluegrass Institute for Public Policy Solutions, says a constitutional government should give individuals more power in solving fiscal problems.