Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu January 21, 2010
Deadline Nears for Primary Election
By Lisa Autry
Frankfort, KY – Time is running out for any Kentuckian wanting to appear on the ballot in the May primary election this year. The deadline to file for office is less than a week away. Candidates have until January 26th to file for office. Secretary of State Trey Grayson says his Frankfort office is already busy, but anticipates filings up to the last minute. Candidates for state and federal office must file paperwork with the Secretary of State. Candidates for local races must file in their County Clerk's office. Among the offices open for contest this election year is a US Senate seat, all of Kentucky's congressional seats, all 100 seats in the state house, and 19 in the state senate.