Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Tue May 1, 2012
Deadline for FEMA Assistance Approaching
Kentucky residents affected by severe storms and tornadoes a couple of months ago have until Monday to register with the Federal Emergency Management Agency for disaster assistance. Such assistance can include grants for temporary housing and home repairs, replacement of essential household items and clothing and other programs to help people and business owners recover. U.S. Representative Hal Rogers says registration is also necessary to apply for Small Business Administration low-interest disaster loans to pay for losses not covered by insurance. You can register by phone by calling (800) 621-FEMA (3362) from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Or apply online here.