Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue May 1, 2012
Deadline for FEMA Assistance Approaching
Kentucky residents affected by severe storms and tornadoes a couple of months ago have until Monday to register with the Federal Emergency Management Agency for disaster assistance. Such assistance can include grants for temporary housing and home repairs, replacement of essential household items and clothing and other programs to help people and business owners recover. U.S. Representative Hal Rogers says registration is also necessary to apply for Small Business Administration low-interest disaster loans to pay for losses not covered by insurance. You can register by phone by calling (800) 621-FEMA (3362) from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Or apply online here.