Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri September 25, 2009
Day Guilty of Manslaughter in 1991 Killing
By Chris Taylor
Madisonville, KY – A Hopkins Circuit Court jury yesterday found Bradley Dale Day guilty of first-degree manslaughter in the 1991 death of his former girlfriend, Sheila Jo Hargrove. Day had been charged with murder, but the jury returned the lesser charge, recommending he serve the maximum sentence of 20 years. The Madisonville Messenger reports Day took the stand for the first time yesterday, asking for leniency and maintaining his innocence. Hargrove was stabbed about 20 times in her home north of Madisonville. Her body was found floating nearby in Horseshoe Lake.