Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Tue September 24, 2013
Dawson Springs Mayor on Becoming Kentucky's First "Trail Town"
Kate Lochte visit with Dawson Springs Mayor Jenny Sewell on Sounds Good to learn more about the road, mountain biking, hiking, horseback riding and blueway trails earning the community the Kentucky Trail Town designation. Kentucky First Lady Jane Beshear designated Dawson Springs as the state's first "Trail Town" as part of an effort to promote and develop adventure tourism opportunities across the Commonwealth. The city is developing several outdoor attractions including Pennyrile State Resort Park and State Forest, Tradewater River and Wildlife Management Area, and the Jones-Keeney Wildlife Management Area. Read more the about designation on Kentucky Tourism's website.