Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Tue September 24, 2013
Dawson Springs Mayor on Becoming Kentucky's First "Trail Town"
Kate Lochte visit with Dawson Springs Mayor Jenny Sewell on Sounds Good to learn more about the road, mountain biking, hiking, horseback riding and blueway trails earning the community the Kentucky Trail Town designation. Kentucky First Lady Jane Beshear designated Dawson Springs as the state's first "Trail Town" as part of an effort to promote and develop adventure tourism opportunities across the Commonwealth. The city is developing several outdoor attractions including Pennyrile State Resort Park and State Forest, Tradewater River and Wildlife Management Area, and the Jones-Keeney Wildlife Management Area. Read more the about designation on Kentucky Tourism's website.