Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Thu April 4, 2013
Daviess County Gets Grant to Combat Child Abuse
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is granting a Daviess County child and substance abuse program $2.5 million. The five-year grant is to support the Sobriety Treatment and Recovery Teams project, better known as START.
Gov. Steve Beshear says the federal money will help break the pattern of substance and child abuse within families in western Kentucky. START is intended to help parents at risk of having their children taken away because of substance abuse. The program helps parents overcome addictions and build healthier families.
Similar programs are operating in Jefferson, Kenton, Boyd and Martin counties.