Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri October 12, 2012
Daviess County Business Expands
Valley Truck Equipment LLC will triple its workforce and improve its facilities in Daviess County. Governor Steve BeShear announced Thursday that the Utica business will expand adding 12 jobs and making $678,000 in improvements. Valley Truck Equipment began business in 2009 during the beginning of the economic downturn. Yet it has continued to thrive throughout the recession. The company sells, installs and repairs a variety of equipment for vehicles and currently has six employees. The Kentucky Economic Development Finance Authority preliminarily approved Valley Truck Equipment for tax incentives up to $150,000 through the Kentucky Business Investment program. The incentive is performance-based and allows companies to keep a portion of their investments through corporate income tax credits and wage assessments as long as the company meets job and investment targets.