Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon September 30, 2013
Datebook: September 30 - Boeing 747 Debuts 45 Years Ago
The Boeing 747, aka Jumbo Jet, is one of the largest and longest-running of its class, holding the record for passenger capacity for 37 years. Nearly 1,500 have been built, costing between $230-350 million each. Boeing nearly went bankrupt in its development, admitting "it was really too large a project for us."
It's Monday, September 30
Murray-Calloway County Hospital's Wellness Works program offers a free community health screening Thursday morning from 6-10 at the PTL South Lot, 3443 U.S. Hwy. 641 S. Lipid, blood sugar, and PSA screenings are available. A twelve-hour fast is required. For more information, call (270) 762-1348.
Friday is the deadline to register kids in grades K-5 for the Paducah Parks Services Department Fall Break Camp. The camp is Oct. 7-11 from 8:30-4:30 daily and includes sports, arts and crafts, games, field trips, and a snack. The camp costs $85 per child. For more information about registration, visit paducahky.gov or call 270-444-8508.
The Super Shredder visits the Baptist Health Imaging Center parking lot in Paducah on Thursday from 10AM to 5PM. For more information, call 270-575-2895.