Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Mon September 24, 2012
Datebook: September 24 - First Steam-Powered Airship Takes Flight 160 Years Ago
It's a steampunk fan's dream flight... the first steam-powered airship took flight on this day 160 years ago. French designer Henri Giffard ascended the Hippodrome in Paris and landed in Trappes 17 miles away. This is how I wish I traveled to work this morning.
It’s Monday, September 24
The City of Paducah offers a Fall Break Camp for kids in kindergarten through 5th grade. The camp is at Noble Park, October 1st through the 5th from 8:30 to 4:30. Activities include sports, arts and crafts, games, and field trips. The cost is $75 per child. Register by calling 444-8508 or by visiting paducahky.gov.
Murray-Calloway County Hospital holds a blood drive tomorrow from 8:30 to 4:30 at Kenlake Foods in Murray. All blood types are needed, especially O-Negative blood. Donors must be at least 18 years old, must be in good health, and must weigh at least 110 pounds.
There’s a free Benefits Checkup for low-income seniors tomorrow morning at the Madisonville Housing Authority, hosted by the Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act. Appointments can be made between 9 and noon. To reserve a space, call 836-6350.
Thanks for listening, and thanks for supporting public radio when you visit wkms.org.