Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Wed September 19, 2012
Datebook: September 19 - International Talk Like A Pirate Day
Avast, ye buccaneers! It be International Talk Like A Pirate Day! Send us some booty for the autumn fundraiser! Yarr.
It’s Wednesday, September 19
The Need Line Charity Golf Tournament is Friday at the Murray Golf Course. The entry fee for the four-person scramble is $200 per team. Lunch begins at noon, with a shotgun start at 1. For more information, call 753-6333.
MSU Alliance and the Ministry Open To All host a screening of the documentary “For The Bible Tells Me So.” The film reconciles homosexuality and Biblical scripture, with input from Bishop Desmond Tutu, Harvard’s Peter Gomes, Orthodox Rabbi Steve Greenberg, and the Reverend Jimmy Creech. The free screening begins tonight at 8 in the Stables, located on the first floor of the Curris Center.
West Kentucky Community and Technical College offers a series of three cooking classes beginning Tuesday. The first session features an Easy Cajun Jambalaya recipe. The cost of each class is $42, which includes all supplies. Register by calling 534-3335.
Find more community events at wkms.org, where you can also pledge your support to public radio.