Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Wed September 18, 2013
Datebook: September 18 - Washington Lays Cornerstone of US Capitol 220 Years Ago
George Washington and eight other Freemasons laid the cornerstone to the U.S. Capitol on this day in 1793. Proposed by Thomas Jefferson, it had already spent ten years in design. They went with amateur architect William Thornton, whose design Washington praised for its "grandeur, simplicity, and beauty."
It’s Wednesday, September 18
The Cancer Prevention Study-3 is a research study seeking men and women between the ages of 30 and 65 who have never been diagnosed with cancer. The study seeks to better understand the factors that cause or prevent cancer. An enrollment event is tomorrow afternoon from 2:30 to 6 at Murray-Calloway County Hospital. For more information, call 1-888-604-5888.
Maiden Alley Cinema hosts a night of live music featuring Kentucky Knife Fight and Oh Yeah Dakota, Friday evening at 7. Tickets are $8 each and may be purchased in advance at maidenalleycinema.org.
There’s a Doggie Day Spa and Pet ID Clinic scheduled for Saturday from 9 to 2 at the Carman Animal Health Center on College Farm Road. Murray State Animal Health Technology/Pre-vet Club members bathe dogs, clean ears and trim nails. The Humane Society microchips pets and sells custom ID tags and canine DNA kits. Find prices and details at forthepets.org.