Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Tue September 18, 2012
Datebook: September 18 - Earth & Moon Photographed Together 35 Years Ago
In the history of mankind, we've looked up at the Moon from Earth, but on this day in 1977, Voyager 1 took a picture of both Earth and Moon together for the first time. This was the view from 7.25 million miles away. And if you look closely, you can see my house.
It’s Tuesday, September 18
The Murray Choral Society holds auditions for all singers, ages 15 and up, during the month of September. Beginning October 1st, the group rehearses Monday nights from 6 to 7:30 to prepare a holiday concert. To schedule an audition, call Dr. Amy Aucoin at (270) 809-6459.
The Pennyrile Grandparent Support Group holds a regular monthly meeting at the Pennyrile Area Development District Office in Hopkinsville Thursday morning at 10. For more information, call (270) 886-9484.
The West Kentucky Allied Services office at 607 Poplar Street in Murray offers free computer and internet use to every member of the public, Monday through Friday from 8 to 4. The service is provided by Community Action and the Commonwealth Office of Technology. For more information, call 800-456-3452.
Visit wkms.org, where you can find more community events and learn how to get in a drawing for a Kindle Fire. Thanks for listening.