Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Tue September 17, 2013
Datebook: September 17 - William Carlos Williams Turns 130
So much depends upon a red wheel barrow glazed with rain water beside the white chickens. Happy birthday to modernist poet William Carlos Williams. Poet Randall Jarrell said Williams' "quick transparent lines have the nervous and contracted strength, move as jerkily and intently as a bird."
It’s Tuesday, September 17
The American Red Cross holds a blood drive Thursday from 11 to 4 at St. John's Episcopal Church, 1620 W. Main St., Murray. To schedule an appointment visit redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-733-2767 and use the sponsor code “Murray.”
Pennyrile Forest State Park hosts its Run Through the Forest 5K road race this Saturday as part of the Western Kentucky Race Series. Trophies go to the top male and female competitors and first place winners in 13 age categories. The race starts at 7:30AM. Fees are $25 to run or $20 to walk. To register, visit parks.ky.gov and search for “Pennyrile Run Through the Forest.”
Former residents of the Lyon County portion of Land Between the Lakes hold their annual homecoming this Saturday at the Star Camp Picnic Area, just off Woodlands Trace. All former residents, relatives, and friends are invited. For more information, call 270-388-0358.