Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Tue September 17, 2013
Datebook: September 17 - William Carlos Williams Turns 130
So much depends upon a red wheel barrow glazed with rain water beside the white chickens. Happy birthday to modernist poet William Carlos Williams. Poet Randall Jarrell said Williams' "quick transparent lines have the nervous and contracted strength, move as jerkily and intently as a bird."
It’s Tuesday, September 17
The American Red Cross holds a blood drive Thursday from 11 to 4 at St. John's Episcopal Church, 1620 W. Main St., Murray. To schedule an appointment visit redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-733-2767 and use the sponsor code “Murray.”
Pennyrile Forest State Park hosts its Run Through the Forest 5K road race this Saturday as part of the Western Kentucky Race Series. Trophies go to the top male and female competitors and first place winners in 13 age categories. The race starts at 7:30AM. Fees are $25 to run or $20 to walk. To register, visit parks.ky.gov and search for “Pennyrile Run Through the Forest.”
Former residents of the Lyon County portion of Land Between the Lakes hold their annual homecoming this Saturday at the Star Camp Picnic Area, just off Woodlands Trace. All former residents, relatives, and friends are invited. For more information, call 270-388-0358.