Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Wed September 12, 2012
Datebook: September 12 - Flatwoods Monster Sighted 60 Years Ago
An alleged alien or cryptid was reported sighted on this day in 1952 in Flatwoods, West Virginia. Some said it was a large, pulsating ball of light - others say it was ten-feet tall with a red, glowing face and green body, with stubby arms and long fingers, wearing a dark pleated skirt. Some suggest it was just a barn owl... A freaky alien barn owl.
It’s Wednesday, September 12
The Humane Society of Calloway County holds a yard sale from 7 to 2 Saturday at the Little Shop of Collars on the court square. Drop off yard sale donations this week from 10 to 5:30 at the Little Shop of Collars. No clothing or televisions, but all other items are welcome.
Hope Unlimited hosts its annual fundraising banquet tomorrow evening at the Paducah First Baptist Church. The banquet begins at 5:30, and the program starts at 6:30. There is no cost, but donations benefit Hope Unlimited, a pregnancy care center and medical clinic serving Paducah and Metropolis. Reserve a seat by calling (270) 442-1166.
Lake Barkley State Resort Park’s Dinner Theater Series features the Wild West murder mystery “A Black Day at Bad Rock” Saturday evening at 7. Wear your best Western gear and piece together the clues over a themed all-you-can-eat dinner buffet. Tickets are $45. Call 1-800-325-1708 for reservations.
See community event details at wkms.org.