Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Fri October 5, 2012
Datebook: October 5 - James Bond Celebrates 50 Years on Film
Dr. No, starring Sean Connery as James Bond, was the first film based on Ian Fleming's spy series. It was filmed with a low budget, of $1M, but took in almost $60M in the box office. The film featured one of the most famous one-liners in cinema history: "Bond... James Bond."
It’s Friday, October 5
The city of Madisonville offers a Gallery Hop tomorrow evening from 5 to 9. Visitors can view and purchase art from thirty artists in nine locations within in a three-block downtown area. The event also includes live music, with guitarist Eddie Pennington performing at 6:30. See event details at visitmadisonvilleky.com.
Murray’s Playhouse in the Park hosts a series of acting workshops this fall. Classes include Improv 101, for ages 14 to 19; Shakespeare In The Park, for ages 14 and up; Amazing Auditions, for ages 14 to 19; and Character Craze, for ages 11 to 13. To sign up or learn more, call 759-1752.
The University of Tennessee at Martin hosts a piano recital Sunday afternoon at 3 in Watkins Auditorium. Dr. Brian Ray performs the late works of Franz Schubert, including Four Impromptus, Allegretto in C Minor, and the Sonata in C Minor. Admission is free.
See more community events at wkms.org.