Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Thu October 31, 2013
Datebook: October 31 - Halloween
Miranda Turner, West Kentucky Community and Technical College Workforce Solutions culinary training coordinator, leads a class titled "Healthy Holiday Appetizers" Monday, Nov. 11, from 6-9 in the Anderson Technical Building. Recipes for the evening include Turkey Reuben Dip, Oven-Baked Crab Cakes, Fruited Cheddar Roll, Greek Salad Kabobs, and more. The cost for the class is $40. To register, call (270) 534-3335.
The Paducah-McCracken County Branch of the NAACP holds its annual Freedom Fund Banquet Sunday at 2:30 at the Robert C. Cherry Civic Center. This year's theme is "We Shall Not Be Moved,” and the keynote speaker is Dr. Anton Reece. Tickets are $30 for individuals, $50 for couples, or $15 for youth. For more information, call (270) 444-7259.
The Baptist Health Paducah Stroke Support Group meets Monday from 3-4:30 in the Baptist Heart Center conference room. The group provides support for stroke survivors and their caregivers, family, and friends. To register, call (270) 575-2880.