Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue October 30, 2012
Datebook: October 30 - Hurricane Sandy Moves West
Hurricane Sandy is the largest Atlantic tropical system on record, stretching from the Caribbean to Canada. She flooded heavily populated areas, left millions without power, claimed 87 lives overall (so far), and closed Wall Street. Sandy is now a post-tropical cyclone moving northwest. See our Sandy Tracker.
It’s Tuesday, October 30
Today’s the last day of the Make A Difference Community Food Drive in Paducah. The food drive stocks the pantry at Paducah Cooperative Ministry to help local households in need. Bring nonperishable food items to the Paducah Cooperative Ministry at 402 Legion Drive. For more information, call 442-6795.
Market House Theater holds auditions tonight for “Duck Hunter Shoots Angel,” a comedy about two down-home Alabama duck-hunting brothers who think they have accidentally shot down an angel. Auditions start at 6:30 in the Studio Theatre classroom. Call 444-6828 for details.
William T. Turner recounts the Legend of the Bell Witch tomorrow night at 5:30 in the amphitheater behind the Hopkinsville-Christian County Public Library. Bring a warm blanket and enjoy a spine-tingling ghost story. Admission is free.
See more community events at wkms.org, where you can also help us finish the fall fundraiser. Thanks.