Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Mon October 29, 2012
Datebook: October 29 - Bob Ross Turns 70
Bob Ross would be 70 today! Best known as an the host of The Joy of Painting on PBS, he introduced millions to painting by breaking down the process of oil painting in to simple steps, often transforming "happy little accidents" into trees and bushes. How about sending some happy little clouds to the northeast? Have you seen our hurricane tracker?
It’s Monday, October 29
The Yeiser Art Center invites its members to submit artwork for the upcoming Members’ Show. Enter one piece for $15, or two pieces for $25. Non-members are invited to join now for inclusion in the exhibit. Saturday is the submission deadline. For details, visit theyeiser.org and click on Call for Entries.
The Christian County Education Coalition hosts a forum tonight for school board candidates in Districts 1 and 2. Candidates address the public about educational issues in Christian County and respond to audience questions. The forum starts at 5:30 at the Hopkinsville Community College auditorium.
The Janice Mason Art Museum in Cadiz hosts “The Makings of a Master: Kentucky Folk Art Apprenticeships.” The exhibit, on display through Sunday, weaves stories, artifacts, and visual components together to celebrate traditional folk art forms. Guitarists Eddie and Alonzo Pennington perform on Friday from 5 to 7. There’s more at jmam.org.
See community event details at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.