Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Thu October 25, 2012
Datebook: October 25 - Minnie Pearl Turns 100
Happy 100th birthday to country comedienne Minnie Pearl, who appeared at the Grand Ole Opry for more than 50 years, and on Hee Haw for 22 years! Thanks for decades of laughs from Nashville and for contributing so much to breast cancer awareness. Howww-DEEEEE!
It’s Thursday, October 25
There’s a Zombies vs. Superheroes 3-mile walk and fun run Saturday morning at Kentucky Dam Village State Park. Prizes are awarded for scariest, most creative, cutest, and all-around best costumes. Registration starts at 10 at the Kentucky Dam Village Beach Parking Lot, and the run/walk starts at 11. Proceeds support CASA of Calloway and Marshall Counties.
The National Quilt Museum in Paducah offers the fourth annual Halloween Black Light Museum Tour tomorrow night, beginning at 5:15. Costumes are encouraged, and treats are provided. Make reservations by calling the museum at 442-8856.
The Nature Station at Land Between the Lakes gives kids a chance to enjoy the daytime, non-scary side of Halloween this Saturday from 2 to 5. Enjoy guided quarter-mile woodland hikes, make crafts, have your face painted, and see live creatures up close. Costumes are welcome. Details at lbl.org.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org.