Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Mon October 21, 2013
Datebook: October 21 - The Valentich Disappearance
Around 7:12 pm on this day in 1978, Frederick Valentich flew a small plane over the Bass Strait in Australia. Before losing contact with air traffic control, he reported that a strange aircraft began hovering over him. Valentich and his plane have never been found.
It’s Monday, Oct. 21
Murray State University offers a community education class titled “Computers for Senior Citizens” starting this week and running Wednesdays through November 20th at 3PM at MSU’s Collins Center for Industry and Technology. The course is taught by Jack Schultz and is designed for beginners. The cost is $35 and includes a course workbook. Pre-register by calling 809-3659.
The Murray-Calloway County Hospital Hospice program hosts a free educational event on hospice care for anyone interested in becoming involved with the program. The event’s this Thursday from 8 to 4 in the MCCH Education Building on the corner of Eighth and Elm streets. For more information or to register, call 767-3670.
A Horticulture Club 5K Fun Run is Saturday morning at Pullen Farm Arboretum. Registration starts at 7:30 and the race starts at 8. Pre-registration is $10; email names to firstname.lastname@example.org. Race-day registration is $15. Costumes welcome.