Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Mon October 21, 2013
Datebook: October 21 - The Valentich Disappearance
Around 7:12 pm on this day in 1978, Frederick Valentich flew a small plane over the Bass Strait in Australia. Before losing contact with air traffic control, he reported that a strange aircraft began hovering over him. Valentich and his plane have never been found.
It’s Monday, Oct. 21
Murray State University offers a community education class titled “Computers for Senior Citizens” starting this week and running Wednesdays through November 20th at 3PM at MSU’s Collins Center for Industry and Technology. The course is taught by Jack Schultz and is designed for beginners. The cost is $35 and includes a course workbook. Pre-register by calling 809-3659.
The Murray-Calloway County Hospital Hospice program hosts a free educational event on hospice care for anyone interested in becoming involved with the program. The event’s this Thursday from 8 to 4 in the MCCH Education Building on the corner of Eighth and Elm streets. For more information or to register, call 767-3670.
A Horticulture Club 5K Fun Run is Saturday morning at Pullen Farm Arboretum. Registration starts at 7:30 and the race starts at 8. Pre-registration is $10; email names to firstname.lastname@example.org. Race-day registration is $15. Costumes welcome.