Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri October 18, 2013
Datebook: October 18 - International Necktie Day
The modern necktie might be traced back to the Thirty Years' War when Croatian mercenaries were seen wearing small neckerchiefs, which interested Parisians. Thus, the world "cravat" emerged, and so did the fashionable garment. Have a dapper day!
It’s Friday, Oct. 18
The Homeplace at Land Between the Lakes presents “Tightening The House” tomorrow morning at 10. To prepare the houses for winter, the ladies of The Homeplace sweep away the summer dust, rotate the tickings, get out the wool comforters, and put down rag rugs to block out the cold winter air. The program is free with admission to the Homeplace. Details at lbl.org.
The 15th Fall Folklore Jamboree is tomorrow from 9 to 4 at the UT West Tennessee Agricultural Museum in Milan, Tennessee. The Jamboree includes over 100 demonstrators with 48 different skills. Admission is $5 for adults, $2 for ages 3-12, and free for kids 2 and under. For more information, visit milan.tennessee.edu.
Angels Attic Thrift Shop seeks donations of clothing, furniture, appliances, household items, and toys. Sale proceeds benefit the Angels Community Clinic, which provides healthcare to the working uninsured in Calloway County. Bring donations to 972 Chestnut Street Monday through Saturday from 8 to 5.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.