Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed October 16, 2013
Datebook: October 16 - Disney Company Founded 90 Years Ago
Walt and Roy Disney sign a contract to produce the series "Alice Comedies," based on Alice in Wonderland, on this day in 1923, under the name Disney Brothers Cartoon Studio, founding the company. Coincidentally, Marie Antoinette got the guillotine on this day 220 years ago... Off with her head!
It’s Wednesday, Oct. 16
Elementary school students are invited to participate in a chess tournament Saturday at Graves County High School. On-site registration starts at 8, and the tournament starts at 9. Students are divided into age groups, and players are welcome from both public and private elementary schools. For more information, call or text 270-933-8228.
There’s an ACT Prep Workshop Saturday from 9 to 1 at the Murray State University Paducah Regional Campus. The workshop includes what to expect on the test, scoring, sample questions, and more, with a focus on the math portion. The cost of the workshop is $55; pre-register at murraystate.edu/actprep.
The Paducah Jazz Ensemble hosts its annual Harvest Moon Ball Saturday night from 8 to 10:30 at the Robert Cherry Civic Center. Advance reservations are $10, or $15 at the door. To make a reservation call 270-898-0180 or email email@example.com.
See more community events at wkms.org.