Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Mon October 1, 2012
Datebook: October 1 - The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson Debuts 50 Years Ago
Johnny Carson made his debut as the host of NBC's "Tonight Show" on this day in 1962. His first guests were Rudy Vallee, Joan Crawford, Tony Bennett, and Mel Brooks. Carson hosted the show for 30 years, before passing the torch to Jay Leno. That's some wild and wacky stuff!
It’s Monday, October 1
A four-week Beginning Floral Design class starts this Thursday at the West Kentucky Community and Technical College. Classes meet on Thursday nights from 5 to 8. The cost is $85. Supplies for one arrangement including a vase will be furnished. To register, call (270) 534-3335.
This week, the Nature Station at Land Between the Lakes hosts family-friendly programs daily at 2:15. Tomorrow’s program is titled “Nature’s Top Model.” Watch an animal-style fashion contest, learn the function of the fashionable features, and then cast your vote for Nature’s Top Model. See other program descriptions at lbl.org.
The city of Paris, Tennessee, participates in a National Night Out tomorrow evening from 5:30 to 8:30. The event generates support for local anti-crime efforts. Enjoy a free screening of “Scooby Doo,” as well as hotdogs and popcorn provided by the Paris Police and Fire Departments. Bring lawn chairs or blankets.
See more community events at wkms.org.