Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
Tue October 1, 2013
Datebook: October 1 - First Modern MLB World Series 110 Years Ago
The Boston Americans faced off the Pittsburgh Pirates in a best-of-nine series, in the first modern World Series in Major League Baseball on this day in 1903. The games featured players Cy Young, Honus Wagner, Jimmy Collins, and Fred Clarke. Boston prevailed over Pittsburgh five to three.
It’s Tuesday, October 1
The Murray State University Bookstore collects donations for the Humane Society this Thursday. Items needed include Capstar, Frontline, leashes and collars, copy paper, color cardstock, old or new towels, dog and cat food, bowls, heartworm prevention, vet gift certificates, Turbo Scratcher for cats, kitty litter, and Kong toys. There’s more information about the Humane Society at forthepets.org.
West Kentucky Community and Technical College offers a series of Cajun and Italian cooking classes starting Thursday. Classes meet each Thursday night from 6 to 9 in the Anderson Technical Building. The cost of each class is $45, including supplies. To register, call 270-534-3335.
An exhibit titled "Excursions: Photography by Diane Eubanks & Woodworking by Harvey Johnson" is on display through Saturday at the Janice Mason Art Museum in Cadiz. The museum is open Tuesdays through Saturdays from 10 to 4 and on Sundays from 1 to 4.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.