Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- IL State Workers Worried Over Pension Debate
Fri November 9, 2012
Datebook: November 9 - First Issue of Rolling Stone Published 45 Years Ago
The first issue of Rolling Stone magazine debuted on this day in 1967 with John Lennon on the cover. In the issue, the cheif editor Jann Wenner said the magazine "is not just about the music, but about the things and attitudes that music embraces."
It’s Friday, November 9
The Nature Station at Land Between the Lakes offers a Fall Frolic tomorrow from 10 to 4. Celebrate the fall season with hay rides, guided hikes, old-time live music, and family-friendly programs. See a complete schedule of the day’s events at lbl.org.
The Murray State University Music Department presents Mozart’s “The Magic Flute.” Performances are tomorrow and Sunday at 2PM and 6PM in MSU’s Performing Arts Hall. The 45-minute adaptation is suited for young audiences. The cost is $5 for adults or $3 for children. For more information, call 809-4288.
The Paducah Community Band gives a Veterans Day Concert Sunday afternoon at 5 at the Paducah Tilghman High School Auditorium. Marine veteran Eric Allen directs the ensemble, which is made up of teachers, students, and community members. The concert is free and open to the public.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.