Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon November 26, 2012
Datebook: November 26 - Howard Carter Discovers King Tut's Tomb 90 Years Ago
On this day in 1922, Howard Carter's team made a breech in the doorway to Tutankhamun's tomb. Peering in with the light of a candle, he saw glinting gold and treasure untouched for 3,000 years. When asked if he could see anything, he famously replied, "Yes, wonderful things."
It’s Monday, November 26
Next Monday is the last day to enter the Fifth Annual Land Between the Lakes Photo Contest, sponsored by the Friends of LBL. Cash prizes are awarded in six categories. See complete contest rules and register online at lblphotocontest.org.
The Humane Society of Calloway County’s online auction continues through Saturday, featuring autographed sports memorabilia, folk art, jewelry, dog toys, quilts, and more. Visit forthepets.org and follow the link to the auction.
The Ballard County Chamber of Commerce and the American Red Cross host a program titled “Maintaining Your Independence” Wednesday morning at 10. Seniors and persons with disabilities can learn how to prepare for emergencies and can complete a booklet to help emergency responders. Register for the free class by calling (270) 442-3575.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.