Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon November 26, 2012
Datebook: November 26 - Howard Carter Discovers King Tut's Tomb 90 Years Ago
On this day in 1922, Howard Carter's team made a breech in the doorway to Tutankhamun's tomb. Peering in with the light of a candle, he saw glinting gold and treasure untouched for 3,000 years. When asked if he could see anything, he famously replied, "Yes, wonderful things."
It’s Monday, November 26
Next Monday is the last day to enter the Fifth Annual Land Between the Lakes Photo Contest, sponsored by the Friends of LBL. Cash prizes are awarded in six categories. See complete contest rules and register online at lblphotocontest.org.
The Humane Society of Calloway County’s online auction continues through Saturday, featuring autographed sports memorabilia, folk art, jewelry, dog toys, quilts, and more. Visit forthepets.org and follow the link to the auction.
The Ballard County Chamber of Commerce and the American Red Cross host a program titled “Maintaining Your Independence” Wednesday morning at 10. Seniors and persons with disabilities can learn how to prepare for emergencies and can complete a booklet to help emergency responders. Register for the free class by calling (270) 442-3575.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.