Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri November 22, 2013
Datebook: November 22 - JFK Assassination 50 Years Ago
The U.S. Department of Labor’s Job Corps program is accepting applications. The program provides free education and training to eligible young people ages 16 through 24 to help them start a career, earn a high school diploma or equivalent, and find and keep a good job. For more information about the Job Corps program or to contact a center, call 800-733-JOBS.
Violinist Sarah E. Geller performs tomorrow night at 7:30 at the Glema Mahr Center for the Arts. Geller has appeared in Carnegie Hall as the winner of the Artists’ International Special Presentation Award. $20 tickets are available at glemacenter.org or by calling 270-821-ARTS.
Land Between the Lakes offers free Christmas tree permits starting Monday, December 2. Permits, maps, and cutting guidelines are available through December 24th Monday through Friday from 8 to 4:30 at the LBL Administrative Office and on the weekends from 9 to 5 at the Golden Pond Visitor Center.