Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu November 15, 2012
Datebook: November 15 - Georgia O'Keeffe Turns 125
Georgia O'Keeffe, painter and a pioneer for women in the arts, struck the New York art scene with her large-format paintings of blossoms. About her work, she said "it is only by selection, by elimination, and by emphasis that we get at the real meaning of things." In 1977, President Ford presented her with the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest honor awarded to citizens.
It’s Thursday, November 15
The Friends of LBL host the Fifth Annual Land Between the Lakes Photo Contest. Cash prizes are awarded in six categories. See complete contest rules and register online at lblphotocontest.org.
The Glema Mahr Center for the Arts holds community theater auditions for “The Foreigner,” a comedy by Larry Shue. The play requires a cast of seven adults and a large technical crew. Auditions are Sunday afternoon at 2 and Monday evening at 6:30. For more information, call (270) 824-8650.
The Pearl of the Purchase Half Marathon and 5K Run is Saturday morning beginning at Graves County High School. On-site registration starts at 8 and the race starts at 9. The course is generally flat, with some small hills. All proceeds benefit the Graves County High School Cross Country Runners. To learn more, call (270) 252-4558.
Find community event details at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.