Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu November 15, 2012
Datebook: November 15 - Georgia O'Keeffe Turns 125
Georgia O'Keeffe, painter and a pioneer for women in the arts, struck the New York art scene with her large-format paintings of blossoms. About her work, she said "it is only by selection, by elimination, and by emphasis that we get at the real meaning of things." In 1977, President Ford presented her with the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest honor awarded to citizens.
It’s Thursday, November 15
The Friends of LBL host the Fifth Annual Land Between the Lakes Photo Contest. Cash prizes are awarded in six categories. See complete contest rules and register online at lblphotocontest.org.
The Glema Mahr Center for the Arts holds community theater auditions for “The Foreigner,” a comedy by Larry Shue. The play requires a cast of seven adults and a large technical crew. Auditions are Sunday afternoon at 2 and Monday evening at 6:30. For more information, call (270) 824-8650.
The Pearl of the Purchase Half Marathon and 5K Run is Saturday morning beginning at Graves County High School. On-site registration starts at 8 and the race starts at 9. The course is generally flat, with some small hills. All proceeds benefit the Graves County High School Cross Country Runners. To learn more, call (270) 252-4558.
Find community event details at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.