Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue November 13, 2012
Datebook: November 13 - Vietnam Veterans Memorial Dedicated 30 Years Ago
On this day in 1982, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial was formally dedicated and right away placed on the National Register of Historic Places. The American Institute of Architects ranked the wall tenth on their "List of America's Favorite Architecture."
It’s Tuesday, November 13
Western Baptist Hospital offers free flu shots tomorrow from 8AM until noon or until supplies run out. Recipients must be 18 or older. The flu shot clinic is in the atrium of Doctors Office Building 2. Pre-registration is not necessary. For more information, call (270) 575-2918.
This week is National Collection Week for Operation Christmas Child. Fill shoeboxes with toys, school supplies, and hygiene items to be distributed worldwide to children in need. Find guidelines and local shoebox dropoff locations at samaritanspurse.org.
There’s an AARP Safe Driving Class tomorrow morning from 8 to 12:30 at the Center for Health and Wellness. Participants must be age 50 or older. Kentucky insurances must offer a discount to anyone who completes the class. Pre-registration is required by calling (270) 762-1348.
Find more community events online at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.