Most Active Stories
- Snowfall Predictions Grow; Icing Expected in Southern Western Kentucky Overnight
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Thu May 9, 2013
Datebook: May 9 - Creator of Wonder Woman Turns 120
William Marston was a psychologist, feminist, inventor, and a comic book writer best known for his character Wonder Woman. He felt comics had great educational potential and sought "to create a feminine character with all the strength of Superman plus all the allure of a good and beautiful woman."
It’s Thursday, May 9
As part of the Movies in the Park series, Noble Park presents a free showing of the animated film “Brave” tomorrow night at dusk, weather permitting. Concessions will be available for purchase. Attendees may want to bring lawn chairs or blankets. For more information, visit paducahky.gov.
The Paducah Railroad Museum hosts a "National Train Day" event Saturday from 10 to 4. The event features hourly presentations from Operation Lifesaver and regional historian Cliff Downey. Activities will be appropriate for all ages. All events are included with regular museum admission. See details at paducahrr.org.
There’s a Fiber and Arts Fair on Saturday from 10 to 4 at Fort Massac State Park in Metropolis. Demonstrations including spinning, weaving, felting, twining, and carding wool will be going on during the day. Admission is free. Find details on the Southern Illinois Spinners and Weavers Guild Facebook page.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.