Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Mon May 6, 2013
Datebook: May 6 - Kerry Wood Ties Record For Most Strikeouts 15 Years Ago
On this day in 1998, Kerry Wood tied Roger Clemens' record of 20 strikeouts in a single game, pitching for the Chicago Cubs against Houston Astros. Wood finished the season with a 13-6 record, earning him Rookie of the Year. He went on to play 15 seasons and was named a two-time National League All-Star.
It's Monday, May 6
The Calloway County Courthouse centennial celebration is tomorrow afternoon at 2 on the north side of the courthouse. Kentucky Supreme Court Justice Bill Cunningham is the keynote speaker. Refreshments will be served after the ceremony. The public is invited to attend.
An AARP Safe Driving Class is scheduled for Wednesday morning from 8 to 12:30 at the Murray-Calloway County Hospital Center for Health and Wellness. Kentucky insurances must offer a discount to those who complete the class. Pre-registration is required, and the class size is limited. For more information on cost and age requirements or to register, call (270) 762-1348.
The 3rd annual Lourdes Iron Mom Half Marathon is Saturday morning. The race starts at 6:30 at the murals at the Ohio River in downtown Paducah. The route includes highlights of Paducah, such as Jefferson Street, the Greenway Trail, Bob Noble Park, and the Downtown Arts District. To register or to volunteer, call (270) 744-3701.