Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Tue May 21, 2013
Datebook: May 21 - World's Tallest Roller Coaster Opens 8 Years Ago
Behold the Kingda Ka, the tallest roller-coaster in the world, the second fastest, and the second strata (extremely terrifying) coaster. The coaster launches to 128 miles per hour in 3.5 seconds, climbs up 456 feet into the air, and whips around a 3,118 foot-long track. It's at the Six Flags in New Jersey... if you're brave enough.
It’s Tuesday, May 21
The Music Department of the Murray Woman's Club hosts "Red, White and Belue," an evening of dinner and entertainment, starting tonight at 6 at the clubhouse. Featured entertainers include the MWC Chorus, By Grace, and Ted Franklin Belue. Proceeds go to scholarships. For ticket availability call Bobbie at 759-4578.
Metropolis Movies in the Park presents "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" on Friday at sundown at Fort Massac State Park. All community members are invited to attend the free event. In the case of rain, the film will not be rescheduled.
A zumbathon sponsored by the Graves County Middle School Lady Eagles Volleyball Team is Saturday morning from 9 to 11 at the Graves County Middle School gymnasium. The cost is $10 for adults or $5 for students. To learn more, call Dana Heath at (270) 674-3670.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.