Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Mon May 13, 2013
Datebook: May 13 - 1st Person Circles the Globe by Amphibious Vehicle 55 Years Ago
Ben Carlin was the first (and only) person to circumnavigate the globe in an amphibious vehicle. It began as a honeymoon idea: to cross the Atlantic Ocean in a Ford GPA. He and his wife Elinore launched from Montreal, and traveled 11,000 miles by sea and 39,000 miles by land over a ten-year span. Elinore left him in Australia.
It’s Monday, May 13
The Alzheimer's Support Group holds a regular monthly meeting tomorrow morning at 10 at the Pennyrile Area Development District office in Hopkinsville. For more information, contact James Patterson at (270) 886-9484.
The Center for Health and Wellness and the Murray-Calloway County Hospital Blood Donor Center host a blood drive Wednesday from 8:30 to 5 at the Center for Health and Wellness. For more information, call (270) 762-1348.
Angels Attic Thrift Shop seeks donations of men’s, women’s, and children’s clothing; furniture; appliances; household items; and toys. Sale proceeds benefit Angels Community Clinic, which provides health care to the working uninsured in Calloway County. Bring donations to 972 Chestnut Street Monday through Saturday from 8 to 5 or call 762-0505 for pickup.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.