Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu March 7, 2013
Datebook: March 7 - Bell Granted Patent for Telephone
Alexander Graham Bell raced to the patent office in 1876, beating out Elisha Gray for a patent, which he was granted on this day that covered "the method of, an apparatus for, transmitting vocal or other sounds telegraphically..." What better reason to make your pledge today to WKMS by calling 800-599-4737! We appreciate your support!
It’s Thursday, March 7
There’s an opening reception tonight for the Paducah School of Art National Photography Invitational. The exhibit features works by leading artists employing a contemporary approach to the art of photography. The reception is at the WKCTC Clemens Fine Arts Center Gallery from 5 until 7.
The St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church in Dover hosts their Spring Craft Show on Saturday from 9:30 to 3 at the church. Handmade goods include needlecrafts, jewelry, hand puppets, wood crafts, and more. Admission is free, but guests are encouraged to bring a canned good for the food bank. All proceeds benefit Stewart County charity projects.
The Humane Society of Calloway County holds an Adoption and Pet ID Day Saturday from 10 to 1 at Orscheln’s Farm & Home store in Murray. Meet foster dogs available for adoption and have your pets microchipped. Please bring dogs on leashes and cats in carriers.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.