Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu March 7, 2013
Datebook: March 7 - Bell Granted Patent for Telephone
Alexander Graham Bell raced to the patent office in 1876, beating out Elisha Gray for a patent, which he was granted on this day that covered "the method of, an apparatus for, transmitting vocal or other sounds telegraphically..." What better reason to make your pledge today to WKMS by calling 800-599-4737! We appreciate your support!
It’s Thursday, March 7
There’s an opening reception tonight for the Paducah School of Art National Photography Invitational. The exhibit features works by leading artists employing a contemporary approach to the art of photography. The reception is at the WKCTC Clemens Fine Arts Center Gallery from 5 until 7.
The St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church in Dover hosts their Spring Craft Show on Saturday from 9:30 to 3 at the church. Handmade goods include needlecrafts, jewelry, hand puppets, wood crafts, and more. Admission is free, but guests are encouraged to bring a canned good for the food bank. All proceeds benefit Stewart County charity projects.
The Humane Society of Calloway County holds an Adoption and Pet ID Day Saturday from 10 to 1 at Orscheln’s Farm & Home store in Murray. Meet foster dogs available for adoption and have your pets microchipped. Please bring dogs on leashes and cats in carriers.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.